TEXTING AND DRIVING ACCIDENT LAWYER IN DECATUR AL
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
If you or your loved one has been injured by a distracted driver in Alabama you undoubtedly have many questions. If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident that was caused by a driver who was texting, you do have legal recourse. Drivers becoming distracted caused eighteen percent of fatal car accidents resulting in over three thousand deaths. Driving and texting can prove even more dangerous than driving intoxicated. Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents in the Huntsville area. If you or a loved one has been injured by someone who was texting or using a hand-held cell phone while driving, contact our attorneys for information about your rights. Call 256-534-3435.
- Did you know nearly 20% of all traffic fatalities each year could be avoided had it not been for a driver who was texting while driving?
- About 6,000 deaths and half a million injuries are caused by distracted drivers every year.
- Every year, nearly 400,000 people are injured in car accidents involving distracted drivers.
- More than 3,000 people are killed each year by distracted drivers
Causes of Texting and Cell Phone Accidents
Distracted driving accidents can be caused by the following:
- Searching in the car or in a purse for a phone
- Reading on your phone
- Looking down at the cell phone and dialing
- Having one hand on the steering wheel and another on the mobile device
- Looking back and forth between the road and the phone
- Distraction may include a phone conversation
- Driver may become more aware of the conversation than traffic
- Surfing the internet
- Emailing friends and co-workers
- Video chatting
- Taking pictures, selfies and videos
- Reading magazines and books on phone
- Watching streaming videos and movies
- Motorcycle riders, bicycle riders and pedestrians looking at phones
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or death after an accident and you believe texting and driving may have been involved, you should contact an Alabama car accident today. Our experienced texting and driving lawyers offer free consultations to all accident victims.