Personal Injury Lawyer in Decatur, AL
We can help you in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone Counties and the surrounding areas.
Has someone injured you in a car, truck or motorcycle accident? Are the bills piling up, and the insurance company is giving you the run around? Are you tired of trying to deal with the insurance company? Are you looking for the best personal injury lawyer to handle your case? You need to turn to the personal injury attorneys that serious accident victims choose. At Ferguson & Ferguson, the insurance company does not tell us what is going to happen in your case, we tell them.
Personal injury attorney (abogado) Randy W. Ferguson has represented people who have suffered serious injuries in automobile, motorcycle, truck, bicycle, boat, and pedestrian accidents. We also represent people injured in falls. We offer no obligation, FREE CONSULTATIONS in all personal injury cases. Randy W. Ferguson can meet with you at our Decatur or Huntsville office locations or arrange to meet you at your home or hospital, or any other convenient location. We are available 24/7. We offer a LOWEST FEE GUARANTEE on all accident and personal injury cases. Call personal injury attorney Randy W. Ferguson now. Call 256-534-3435 or 256-350-7200. We are here to help.
Damages You Can Recover
Personal injury attorney Randy W. Ferguson is an experienced personal injury lawyer with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently injures you may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Medical Bills
- Future Medical Costs
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Earning Capacity
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Rehabilitative care
- Medical devices (crutches, wheelchairs)
- Automobile repaired or replacement value
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Wrongful Death
- Disability and Disfigurement
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your personal injury claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
The most common question we get from our clients is how much is my personal injury case worth. The value of your case depends on many different things: the circumstances and cause of the accident, the severity of your injuries, how much insurance coverage the other driver has in the case, how much uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage you have, pre-existing injuries, time away from work and many other things. We have to evaluate the following to determine the value of the case, including:
- Past, and future medical bills;
- Cause of accident;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning capacity;
- Loss of consortium;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Insurance coverage; and
- Pain and suffering.
Although it is impossible to tell a client upfront what their case is worth, our attorneys can give you an estimate based on your injuries and our past experience dealing with cases. Clearly, your bills may go up, your treatment may last longer than expected and the insurance available may be unknown at the time you first visit our office. However, as we get into the case further, and your treatment progresses, we can give you a better idea of the value of your case.
Damages in a Alabama Personal Injury Case
In a personal injury accident, you can get compensation for any damages you have suffered in your case. There are different types of damages you could get in a personal injury case. Every state, including Alabama has different laws on what you can recover. You can recover for the following:
- Medical Bills: This can include ambulances, emergency room visits, x-rays, surgeries, hospital stays and therapy. It also covers home health services, wheel chairs and all future medicals.
- Lost Wages: If you had to miss work, even if you were paid by your employer, you have a right to recover for your time missed from work. That includes your time going to doctors, therapy and time out of work recovering from surgery. If you become disabled and cannot return to work, you can recover for all future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering is different for each individual. The plaintiff will receive compensation based on the evidence offered showing their injuries. We often use pictures, videos and other items to show the impact the accident has had on our client. There is no magic formula to determine pain and suffering.
- Emotional Distress: Emotional distress includes anything from anxiety and depression to severe emotional mental distress and trauma. One of the most common injuries is for post-traumatic stress disorder. We prove emotional distress by having you assessed by either therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist.
- Wrongful Death: In Alabama the only damages you can recover for wrongful death are punitive damages. You cannot get pain and suffering or any other type of damages. This is unique to Alabama, and technically punishes the party who is at fault for the death.
- Loss of Consortium: This type of damage is for a spouse who has lost the companionship of their spouse.
- Punitive Damages: These are damages for wantonness and intentional acts. Rarely can you recover punitive damages
Types of Personal Injuries
Our Alabama personal injury lawyers have handled thousands of accident cases, from car accidents to truck accidents, motorcycle wrecks, pedestrian accidents, and slip and fall cases. Here are a some of the personal injury case types we handle in Alabama and Tennessee.
- Car Accidents: We represent car accident, also called automobile or truck accident, victims injured in Alabama car crashes caused by another driver’s negligence or wantonness.
- Bus Accidents: If you were injured in bus accident that was the fault of the bus driver or another vehicle, our Alabama personal injury can help you get a maximum recovery for your injuries.
- Trucking Accidents: (also called semi-trailers or tractor-trailers) Our personal injury attorneys have handled hundreds of truck accident cases. We represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and truckers who are seriously injured or killed in a semi truck or tractor trailer crash.
- Bicycle/Cycling Accidents: If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, we know the laws in Alabama and we can help you recover for your injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When a pedestrians is hit by a car, truck, or other motor vehicle they usually suffer serious injuries or die. Often the injuries last forever. We know all of the pedestrian laws in Alabama and will hold the driver responsible to pay for your injuries.
- Wrongful Death Accidents: If a loved one died due to someone else’s negligence, an experienced Alabama personal injury lawyer can help you and your family get the justice you deserve.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: People who slip and fall on someone’s property often are seriously injured. This type of fall can cause an injury that lingers, resulting in costly medical bills and missed work. Our attorneys can get you the compensation you deserve in Alabama.
- Defective Products: Defective products can be household products, chemicals, medical devices or medicine that cause injury or death. Our defective product lawyers represent victims of all types of dangerous products in Alabama.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Alabama motorcycle accidents have a higher chance of being serious compared with automobile or truck accidents. Our firm has been helping injured motorcyclists and their families seek compensation for more than 29 years in Alabama.
- Nursing Home Abuse: If your loved one has been neglected or abused, we can help them recover for their pain and suffering.
- House Fires: House fires and burn injuries are life altering events. Let our Alabama fire and burn attorneys help you recover against your homeowners insurance, landlords or other negligent parties.
- Dog Bites: We can hold negligent dog owners responsible for your scarring and injuries in Alabama.
- Brain Injuries: Brain injuries from falls or motor vehicle accidents in Alabama can be life changing. Let us help you recover for your brain and spinal cord person injury.
- Boating Accidents: If you have been injured in a boating accident in North Alabama, Our Huntsville and Decatur boating accident lawyers are dedicated to helping injury victims recover the compensation they deserve.
- Airplane Crashes: Airplane and aviation industry accidents result in some of the most shocking, painful, and devastating tragedies imaginable.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: If you or your child was injured or killed in a swimming pool accident, we are here to help.
- Elevator Accidents: If you were injured in a elevator, our Huntsville and Decatur, Alabama premises liability attorneys can help.
- Pharmacy Malpractice: If your pharmacy or doctor gave you the wrong prescription and you were injured, we can help you recover.
- Worker’s Compensation: We represent injured workers in workers’ compensation cases. If you have been injured in an on the job injury, you have rights your employer does not have to tell you about out, but we will. We can also bring a third-party personal injury claim for car accidents while on the job in Alabama.
- Toxic Exposure
- Daycare Accidents
Frequently Asked Questions about Alabama Personal Injury Cases
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about personal injury accidents.
How long does a personal injury case last?
Every case is different. One car accident may settle in weeks, while another takes years. It all depends on the facts, insurance coverage and medical treatment.
Who is going to pay my medical bills?
Alabama is a contributory negligence state in all accidents. You, your medical payment coverage or your health insurance will pay your bills upfront. The liable party does not pay your bills until your case is settled. If you do not have insurance, we will help you get treatment. However, any rare cases, it is possible for you to get your medical bills covered during your treatment.
How do I pay my attorney
We always work on a contingency basis. You never pay us upfront. If we do not win your case, you owe us nothing. Are experts needed to help prove my case?
Is there a time limit to file a personal injury case in Alabama?
Yes, there is a two year statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Alabama.
What You Should do After An Accident
If you have sustained a personal injury, there a re number of things you must do to help yourself and your case. Do the following:
- Don’t admit fault for your injury;
- Get the names and phone numbers of witnesses;
- Do an incident report;
- If you hurt, get medical treatment immediately;
- Continue getting treatment until well;
- Keep a diary of missed work and doctors appointments;
- Call our office and schedule an appointment;
- Bring your attorney any police report, insurance documents, medical documents, photos and or videos of the accident scene, car and injuries.
What Your Personal Injury Attorney Can Do
The attorneys at Ferguson & Ferguson will fight to get you the compensation you deserve in your Alabama personal injury case. We will:/p>
- Sit down with you and talk to you about the accident and your injuries;
- Investigate the scene of the accident;
- Talk to police and witnesses;
- Determine if their is insurance or assets you can pursue;
- Request medical records and bills;
- Talk with medical providers;
- Review documents, photos, and videos; and
- Work with experts;
- Prepare a settlement demand in your case;
- Negotiate your medical bills or subrogation liens down;
- If the case does not settle, we will build your case;
- File your lawsuit;
- Mediation if appropriate;
Hospitals Serving North Alabama
People who are injured and require emergency care in North Alabama have many choices when it comes to medical care. If you have suffered serious trauma in your auto accidents you will normally be transported to one of the following hospitals. If you are in either hospital recovering from your injuries, we are available 24-7 to discuss your case. In most instances you will receive at least four bills when you are transported to one of these hospitals. The hospital bill, radiology bill, emergency physician bill and the ambulance bill. If necessary, you may receive other treatment and bills from orthopeadic surgeons and other physicians. You may be worried about how you will pay your medical bills and monthly bills. If necessary, we can connect you to companies that do low interest loans to cover your living expenses and medical bills while you recover. Our injury attorneys can help guide you through the process of recovering for your injuries. The hospitals in North Alabama are:
- Decatur Morgan Hospital – Parkway Campus
1874 Beltline Rd. S.W.
Phone: (256) 973-2000
- Decatur Morgan Hospital – Decatur Campus
1201 7th St. S.E.
Decatur, Alabama 35601
Phone: (256) 341-2000
- Huntsville Hospital
101 Sivley Rd SW
Huntsville, Alabama 25801
Phone: (256) 265-1000
- Crestwood Medical Center
One Hospital Drive
Huntsville, AL 35801
Phone: (256) 429-4000
- Athens Limestone Hospital
700 Market St W
Athens, AL 35611
Phone: (256) 233-9292
- Cullman Regional Medical Center
Cullman, AL 35058
Phone: (256) 737-2000
- Madison Hospital
8375 Hwy 72 W
Madison, AL 35758
Phone: (256) 265-2012
- Highlands Medical Center
380 Woods Cove Rd
Scottsboro, AL 35768
Phone: (256) 259-4444
- Marshall Medical Center North
Guntersville, AL 35976
Phone: (256) 571-8000
- Marshall Medical Center South
Boaz, AL 35957
Phone: (256) 593-8310
- North Alabama Medical Center
1701 Veterans Dr
Florence, AL 35630
Phone: (256) 629-1000
- DeKalb Regional Medical Center
200 Medical Center Dr SW
Fort Payne, AL 35968
Phone: (256) 845-3150
- Helen Keller Hospital
1300 South Montgomery Avenue
Phone: (256) 386-4196
- Lawrence Medical Center
202 Hospital Street
Moulton, AL 35650
Phone: (256) 974-2200
- Gadsden Medical Center
1007 Goodyear Ave
Gadsden, AL 35903
Phone: (256) 494-4000
Why Hire Personal Injury Lawyer Randy W. Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- You talk to personal injury attorneys, not secretaries.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays.
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also.
- Locations near you.
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
Free Consultation/No Fee Unless We Win
Most Alabama injury victims don’t contact a lawyer after an accident because they think the insurance company will take care of things. However, injured victims soon learn that the insurance company is not focused on getting you a fair settlement. Victims of Alabama accidents and personal injuries have the right to seek fair compensation for personal injuries, lost wages, and medical expenses. If you think you may have a personal injury case, you should hire the best personal injury lawyer you can today. If we accept your case, our fee is contingent on a successful monetary recovery. We do not charge our clients any fees or costs unless we win their case, and we advance all costs necessary to pursue your claim. There are no hidden costs or upfront retainers. We have offices conveniently located in downtown Huntsville and Decatur, Alabama. An attorney can meet with you at our Decatur or Huntsville office locations or arrange to meet you at your home or hospital, or any other convenient location. If you need the best personal injury lawyer in Huntsville, Decatur, Cullman or Athens, Alabama, call us today. To speak directly with Randy W. Ferguson about your case, call anytime at 256-534-3435. Call now for your free phone or office consultation.
Our personal injury attorneys serve every city and county in the State of Alabama.