CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN FORT PAYNE ALABAMA
Were you or a family member injured in a car wreck in Fort Payne, Alabama? Are you looking for the top car accident attorney in Fort Payne, Alabama? If you or a loved one were in a car wreck, you may be injured and have questions about what to do next. At Ferguson & Ferguson, we offer no obligation, free consultations, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. Call 256-534-3435. We can help.
What To Do If You Are In A Car Accident
Here is what you should do if you are in a car accident in Fort Payne, Alabama.
- Stop immediately.
- Stay calm. What you say after the accident can be as important as what you did before the accident.
- Do not argue, curse, accuse or make any admission of guilt to anyone.
- Call the police and ambulance if needed.
- Take pictures of all vehicles and move them to a safe location unless someone is injured.
- When the police officer arrives, be pleasant, cooperative and truthful. Be honest and compliant. The police report, which based on hearsay, is an official record that could be used in determining fault.
- Get police/accident report number.
- Get all drivers insurance companies names and policy numbers.
- Never admit fault. When answering the police officer’s questions or if you are talking to the other party involved in the accident, be truthful but do not admit you were at fault.
- Get the names, phone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses. Be sure to get the license plate number of all parties.
- Take pictures with your cell phone of all parties, witnesses and property damage.
- See a doctor immediately if you are experiencing pain.
- Call Ferguson & Ferguson.
- Call your insurance company
What are Common Car Accident Injuries in Alabama?
Some of the most common injuries include:
- Soft tissue injuries such as torn or stretched ligaments, tendons or muscles in your neck or back.
- Cuts and scrapes.
- Bruises and contusions, which can vary in severity.
- Fractures and/or broken bones.
- Back and neck injuries such as whiplash, fractures or herniations.
- Brain or head injuries.
- Burn injuries.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in the Fort Payne, do not hesitate to contact the experienced car accident team at Ferguson & Ferguson. Our Fort Payne attorneys have over 25 years of experience handling car accidents. Contact our Fort Payne lawyers at 256-534-3435 today for your initial free consultation.