CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN MONTGOMERY ALABAMA
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car, motorcycle or pedestrian accident in Montgomery, Alabama? Are you tired of the attorney television commercials with actors claiming huge settlements recovered by attorneys who don’t even practice law in Alabama? Do you want a real car accident lawyer who handles car accidents every day. At Ferguson & Ferguson you only deal with the attorney that is handling your case. We offer the only Lowest Fee Guarantee in Alabama. Call 1-800-752-1998. We can help.
Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are often caused by one of the following:
- Speeding: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) cites speeding as a top cause of car wrecks throughout the U.S.
- Distracted driving: Distraction.gov reports that 416,000 people were hurt in 2010 alone as a result of drivers who were distracted. A full 18 percent of all crashes during this time period involved a distracted driver.
- Drowsy driving: The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recently conducted a study of more than 147,000 drivers in 19 different states and D.C. and found that 4.2 percent of all drivers admitted to dozing off behind the wheel in the prior 30 days.
- Failure to properly yield.
- Misjudge of clearance.
- Driver inexperience: The National Safety Council reports that driver inexperience is the top cause of teen car accidents. Teens, unfortunately, are three times as likely as adult drivers to be involved in a car accident that causes injury.
- Failure to keep the vehicle under proper control.
- Drunk Driving: The CDC reports that 30 people die each day in the United States due to intoxicated driving.
- Aggressive Driving: The AAA Foundation of Traffic Safety reports that aggressive driving is a potential cause of up to 56 percent of fatal U.S. car wrecks. The NHTSA defines aggressive driving as: failing to yield, disregarding traffic control signs or signals, tailgating, illegal or unsafe passing and/or weaving in and out of lanes.
- Disregarding traffic control: Running red lights.
Injuries From Car Accidents
Some of the more common injuries caused by car accidents include the following:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Burn injuries
- Cuts, lacerations, serious bruising, and amputations
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Brain damage caused by traumatic brain injury (TBI) or concussions
- Back or neck damage caused by whiplash
- Spinal damage caused by spinal cord injuries
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
We offer free, no obligation consultations 24/7. Call our car accident lawyers today for a free consultation or fill out the form and we will contact you. We can help. Call 256-534-3435.