POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA DEFENSE ATTORNEY
We can help you in Huntsville, Decatur and Athens, AL and the surrounding areas.
To many peoples surprise, it is still illegal to possess marijuana in the State of Alabama. But it isn’t in Canada, which is why if you are a medical marijuana patient, it can be as easy as searching weed canada in Google and being able to buy it online. More and more states have relaxed their laws regarding marijuana, including Alabama. To prove how far away the other end of the spectrum is though, you may not know but during the COVID-19 lockdown, OH dispensaries have been considered as essential businesses and remained open! However, if you have been arrested in Decatur or Huntsville, Alabama with marijuana, you could face significant jail time and fines. You need an experienced criminal defense attorney who has handled thousands of drug cases. Call Randy W. Ferguson now. Call 256-534-3435. We can help.
Marijuana Charges in Alabama
- Possession of marijuana for personal use
- Possession of marijuana for other than personal use
- Possession or use of drug paraphernalia
- Unlawful distribution of marijuana
- Unlawful manufacture (cultivation) in the second degree
- Sale of marijuana (unlawful distribution of dispensary supplies)
- Trafficking of marijuana
In the State of Alabama, possession of marijuana for personal use only (second-degree marijuana possession) is a Class A misdemeanor carrying up to a year in prison, whereas possession of marijuana with intent to distribute is a Class C felony carrying one to ten years in prison. The penalties for more serious marijuana crimes can be even higher.
- A mandatory six-month driver’s license suspension.
- Confiscation of your property.
- Professional consequences, including loss of job opportunities and some licenses.
- A drug conviction on your record that makes any future charge more serious.
- After a felony conviction, loss of your right to vote or possess a firearm.
- The social stigma of a criminal record.
- The penalties are raised if you happen to be within three miles of a school (including universities) or a public housing project, if there was a firearm or violence involved, or if it’s a repeat offense.
Why Hire Ferguson & Ferguson
If you have been charged with possession of marijuana in Huntsville, Decatur, Hartselle or Athens, Alabama, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney. Make sure you do not talk to anyone until you have spoken with an attorney. Our attorneys have over 45 years of combined experience representing clients charged with criminal offenses. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Decatur and Huntsville, Alabama. If you are not located in these areas, you could always visit this marijuana possession lawyer Las Vegas. Contact us today for a free initial consultation at 256-534-3435 or 256-350-7200. Call now. We are here to help.